Monday 9 March 2015

A book with a love triangle

Siiri Enoranta: Nokkosvallankumous

Pages: 445

I'm laughing at myself for reading this one as my "love triangle" book, since it's so much more than just a love triangle. My fiancĂ©e made me read this after she had bawled her eyes out because of it and I promised to give this a try last year. I think this was in November and I read this again in February. Because I fell in love. 

There are some aspects of the book I still don't like, for example the writing style. Not in the whole book, but in the parts told by the other main character, Vayu. The way something is emphasized by repeating it for at least three times got on my nerves five pages into the book, but then I got used to it. It also helps if you remind yourself that the character is supposed to be a 14-year-old boy.

This book actually caused me to have a reader's block - I couldn't touch other books for a while after reading this one for the first time. I have to admit I was skeptical about this at first, but I was proved wrong so many times while reading... And the ending surprised me, which is always a bonus. It also left me wanting for more, which is an even bigger plus for the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment