Monday 9 March 2015

A trilogy

Suzanne Collins: The Hunger Games

Pages: 374, 391, 390

Did you really expect me to read the Lord of the Rings? I have to admit I thought about it, but since I'm in a bit of a hurry with my reading and the first book of the trilogy is so slow, I decided not to. Me and Tolkien just weren't meant to be. So I chose the Hunger Games. I've read the first two books before, but I think that was before the first movie came out? I've also seen the first two films, but I don't remember much of the second one.

I don't know where to begin. I always thought the series were meant for younger readers, but the ending of the final book changed that. Or actually, the thing that happened before the ending, since the actual ending made me want to kick something. I would have been happy if things had gone differently. I also feel like I should watch the rest of the movies (are they all out yet?).

I don't know, there's not much I have to say about the series. It was easy to read (I read half of the second book and the third one in a night), some parts were funny and some were not. Some characters I loved, some I hated and some I didn't care about. Now that I have this behind me, I might not touch those books ever again, but I'll definitely read more dystopia in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment